Are solar panels worth it in Ireland
Switching to solar energy can be frightening at first. You have probably heard about the expensive installation costs – they can really be daunting.
If you are thinking about making the investment, you are probably wondering – are solar panels worth it in Ireland?
The answer is – yes!
Moreover, by choosing our services, you don’t have to worry about saving up thousands for the instalment process. We offer a monthly subscription, which significantly reduces the stress of investing in one.
Solar panels for home
It is no secret Ireland gets its fair share of damp skies. Not having plenty of sunlight, of course, is the biggest risk of owning solar panels. Luckily, we also get around 260 sunny days per year. By using our solar panels, the sun’s power can be transformed into electricity regardless of what hour of the day it is.
If you are worried about choosing large solar panels, it may be a good idea to invest in a medium-sized solar panel first. In Ireland’s weather conditions, it typically generates around 4,000 units of electricity. For an average household, that means about 70% of your electricity needs will be covered. If there is any excess – you can export it to the grid!
There are many benefits to using solar panels in Ireland. Here are a few of them:
- Your bills will be much smaller. By using solar panels, you can significantly save money. In fact, in just a few years, your investment will have paid off entirely! If you obtain a grant, it is worth it even more.
- Did you know that even one installation of solar panels can save up to 1 metric tonne of CO2 a year? That’s right. If you care about reducing Ireland’s carbon footprint (as you should), switching to solar energy is a wise move.
- Solar energy is renewable. That means it is impossible to use it up. According to studies, green energy has huge ecological benefits. In 2022, that is more important than ever.
- Forget about hassles – solar panels require almost no maintenance. When installed properly (using our services), they can last even 25 to 40 years, sometimes even longer. As technology advances, the number is expected to go up even more.
- Be a boss of your own life! When you have solar panels, you don’t have to rely on anyone or anything. Instead, you can generate the electricity you need on your own.
How much money can you save in Ireland?
The biggest drawback of getting solar panels is typically their high cost. By choosing MySolar services, that is not an issue since there is no up-front installation cost. We offer an easily-manageable monthly payment of as little as €29.50.
From our experience, typical household savings with using solar panels can be up to €1,000 a year. Of course, the more electricity you use, the more you can save. If you add a battery, your savings can be boosted up to 70%, in some cases, even more.
Since the electricity prices have gone through the roof, it is becoming more evident that choosing solar energy in Ireland is the way to go. Not just because it is cheaper in long term – it is also better for the environment.
If you wish to find out how much money could solar panels potentially save you, make use of our quick tool here. Our team will happily answer any questions regarding the solar panel instalment process. There has never been a better time to go solar!